How Much Does a Labiaplasty Cost – Los Angeles | Beverly Hills
Have you decided to get a labiaplasty but the question in your mind is, labiaplasty cost? Dr. J. Timothy Katzen, M.D, operating in Beverly Hills, says that, labiaplasty comes under the category of plastic surgeries that are a lot more affordable than most.
Click the number to Call 424-372-0541
Factors affecting a labiaplasty surgery cost
While the exact price of a labiaplasty procedure cannot be pinpointed, speculating on the various factors that affect its price can help in making an informed choice.
- Geographical location– As in the case of any cosmetic surgery, the geography plays a crucial role in determining the costs. Your surgical costs may play up in a high-end locality, while it might be a lot cheaper in a not so flashy locality.
- The plastic surgeon– Although a reputed surgeon might not necessarily quote a high price for the surgery, it is certainly a possibility. Having said that, a high quoted price doesn’t always reflect on a surgeon’s capability. While an experienced cosmetic surgeon may turn out to be tad more expensive than the others, you need to decide on how much of a compromise you’re willing to make on the quality of the surgery for the sake of costs.
- The labiaplasty procedure– The technicalities of the plastic surgery affect the costs too. It varies based on, whether the procedure is to be performed to reduce the size of just the labia majora or minora, or both. Performing the procedure on labia majora, being far more complicated in nature, calls for increased costs.
- Sedation– The anesthesia fee also comes into picture while adding up the net cost. Administering a local anesthesia might cost lesser when compared to general or other sedation techniques, although it isn’t a popular practice.
- Combining procedures– Some people couple multiple procedures together. So if you’re getting a labiaplasty and a vaginaplasty in one go, chances are, your net cost will probably be a lot lesser, than it would be if you were getting them done individually.
What is the average cost of Labiaplasty?
A labiaplasty plastic surgery can cost anywhere between $3000 and $8000. While that is a huge margin to start budgeting your cosmetic surgery costs on, you should know, that these are just the price ranges at the two ends of the rope. Your surgery costs will probably fall somewhere in the middle, making the average labiaplasty cost about $4500.
Does health insurance cover labiaplasty?
That again depends on certain factors. Unless your circumstance is such that the labia is causing you serious discomfort or is affecting your health crucially, chances of it being covered by insurance are quite low. Discussing it with your insurance service provider, can help you understand it better. In case the surgical procedure costs seem like a hefty amount to pay up, ask your plastic surgeon about any financing options that he/she might have to offer. Some surgeons provide plans through which you can pay up the net amount in installments, at a low rate of interest.