WHAT IS LATISSE®?
Latisse® is a prescription solution that is utilized to treat and correct hypotrichosis, the condition of having thin, inadequate lashes. Latisse® treatment initiates the growth of one’s own eyelashes, resulting in longer, darker, and thicker natural lashes. Dr. J. Timothy Katzen is a widely respected, board certified plastic surgeon who is pleased to offer Latisse® treatments to help his patients achieve beautifully full, thick eyelashes at his private practice in Beverly Hills, California.
LATISSE® APPLICATION STEPS AND TREATMENT RESULTS
Although you will apply the Latisse® solution in the comfort of your own home each night, Dr. Katzen will ensure that you have a thorough understanding of how to properly and safely apply your Latisse® treatment in order to produce the best possible results. The steps to apply Latisse® are as follows:
- Cleanse your face and remove your contact lenses (contact lenses may be re-inserted 15 mins after Latisse® application).
- Remove one applicator from the tray and (holding the applicator horizontally) place one drop of Latisse® solution on the applicator in the region closest to (but not directly on) the tip.
- Draw the applicator gently along your skin where the upper eyelashes meet the base of your eyelid, beginning from the inner region of your lash line (by the bridge of your nose), and moving outward. **Be careful not to get any solution in your eye or on your lower eyelid**
- Use a tissue to blot any excess solution outside the intended treatment area
- Dispose of this applicator and use a NEW applicator to repeat steps 2-4 for the opposite eyelid—this will eliminate the potential for cross-contamination from one eyelid to the other.
Latisse® treatment results take place gradually, peaking at week 16. Once you begin using Latisse®, you need to continue to apply the topical solution every night in order to achieve optimal results. The first changes you will notice will be in terms of your increasing eyelash length, and as your treatment progresses, you will notice improvements in the darkness and thickness of your lashes. If Latisse® treatment is discontinued, your eyelashes will slowly return to their previous appearance over the next several weeks or months.
Dr. Katzen and his professional staff understand the importance of well-informed patients, and will take the time to thoroughly explain your Latisse® product options and application steps. If you would like additional information about Latisse® eyelash enhancing treatments, please contact our office today. We look forward to speaking with you and to scheduling your initial consultation with Dr. Katzen.